Our sales are fun and packed with positive energy. Following is some knowledge we’ve learned over the years and we want to forward to you the customer, because we want your experience to be positive:
Please note a few things:
- CONTRACTED ITEMS MUST BE PRESENT WHEN SALE BEGINS: We have a loyal following of customers who arrive expecting the items advertised to be present. When owners remove said items before the sale begins, our credibility is damaged. Our credibility is important to us, so contracted items must be present when the sale begins. This clause is non-negotiable. Thanks for your understanding.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL – It is the customer’s responsibility to test any and all items they are buying.
- MOVING FURNITURE: We cannot assist in the moving/loading of furniture. We can provide a (strictly un-endorsed) list of moving companies to help you move your items. For smaller loads, consider the apps TOTE or ROADIE. We urge you to be VERY CAREFUL in moving your items — if you damage the home while doing this for whatever reason, you’re responsible for repairs.
- WE NEGOTIATE — we price things to SELL to ensure you get an amazing deal. At the same time our goal is make money for our CLIENTS (while also getting a good deal to our customers). It’s a juggling act — and we’re pretty darn good at it. We promise to be above-board regarding sale items so as to reach the best client/customer ratio on item prices.
- How to SHOP at our sales — All large items (and small items of advanced value) are priced before the sale begins. That said, it is our practice and experience that maximum profit ratio is reached when all other small items (and large items of clustered value) are bundled to make a stack/group of items in the holding area, and we’ll price by site/bulk at the check out station.
- VIDEO SURVELLIANCE : We position micro cameras throughout the sale and sale area to ensure security against theft.
- THEFT: We will prosecute thieves.
- When buying large items — make sure you alert a sales representative to place a SOLD sign on the item you wish to purchase, with your name and cell number, along with the time you’ll pick the item up. You are welcome to continue to shop while your large item is on hold.
- SALES TAX & CARD FEES: We charge the standard sales tax of whatever the county the sale is held — as well as a 3% credit-card fee . In short, we accept CASH and CARDS — no checks.
- PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL of the sale area — remember this was someone’s home or childhood home or place of business that is being liquidated or whatever. Please put things back if you decide against them, tidy the area if you messed it up in your rummaging (and we welcome rummaging) — but please don’t make it harder on us or the property owner/executor by being disrespectful of the property. We thank you for this.
- KIDS – Unattended children will be given drum sets and free puppies.
- RESPECT ANY TAPED -OFF AREAS/OBJECTS: Certain areas will be designated by tape as OFF LIMITS. Do not violate the OFF LIMIT areas. Sold items are indicated by strips of blue or orange tape. Those caught removing tape, or going into a taped off area, will banned from this and future sales.
- PARKING — Please obey parking regulations of the neighborhood where the sale is being held. Do not block driveways or mailboxes. Understand that you will be ticketed if your vehicle obstructs the passage of emergency vehicles along the street. So please even if you have to walk — don’t get a ticket.
- LOADING –The driveway will be for LOADING ONLY. Do not BLOCK driveway where the estate sale is taking place.
- SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS to BKestatesales@gmail.com. We love interacting with our customers and hearing their feedback.
- HAVE A GOOD TIME! Our sales provide a gathering place for retro collectors, vintage mavens, hipster pickers, antique seekers and the all-around appreciators of all things thrift and amazing! Have a wonderful time!